Friday, January 30, 2009

The SUN is bad!!!!

Well...my last doctor visit went well. I have FINALLY gained weight (5 lbs). My belly is really starting to grow, but hear from many that I am still small for 8 months. I can't believe it is already February! My how time flies! No...we have not painted the baby room yet but it is cleared out and everything is nicely stacked in the closet. Trevor is still working in the cat room tiling the floor. It is hard to try to get everything finished on the weekends. He works late with coaching and doesn't feel like manual labor when he gets home. I don't blame him! The floor WILL be finished this weekend and I will post pics!

Today Trev and I both took off work to run errands and relax. I had a doctor's appt. (dermatology) to look at a spot on my shoulder next to a previous "skin cancer" removal. I have what is called Basal Cell Carcinoma and it is common. It is caused by sun damage to fair skinned people. And that is ME!!!! I went to a new doctor in Clear Lake and really like her. She took a biopsy to make sure it was Basal Cell Carcinoma and not a Melanoma. We should get the results within a week. If it turns out it is BCC, I have two options....have it cut out (like before) and risk ANOTHER huge scar...or place a cream on it for 6 weeks which will "eat out" the bad skin. Of course this will not happen until AFTER Trace is born and/or finished breast feeding. If it turns out to be Melanoma, we will discuss the procedures later. BUT...she also said she could have gotten it all with the biopsy today. She basically deadened the area, cut out smaller than a dime size around the pink spot. I have to clean it with peroxide and keep it moist with Neosporin/antibiotic cream and keep it covered.

SO....ALL YOU SUN BATHERS OUT THERE....STOP IT!!!!! PUT ON SUNSCREEN AND ENJOY THE WHITENESS AND BRIGHTNESS OF YOUR SKIN!!! YOU DON'T WANT LOVELY PINK, WIDE SCARS LIKE ME! IT IS NOT WORTH IT!

Pictures of me, the floor, and the beginnings of Trace's room to come!!!!!

No comments: