This year at school, we had a patriotic theme as dress up day. I thought and thought of what I could be. I always dress up as somehing fun. In previous years I have been Raggedy Ann, a Nerd, typical Halloween garb. This year was different. How can I make a partriotic theme worth while??? It came to me!!! I will be the US State Symbol.....The Bald Eagle. I convinced Mom and her good buddy Darla to do the same. Here we are!

Our school mascot is the Eagle as well, so I made red/white/blue Eagle shirts, got bald caps, feather boas, and some face paint! There we are!!!! The kids loved it! This is why I love working with little ones! Everything you do is great! My pod mates were not surprised by my crazy get-up....this is their 3rd year to work with me and they know I'm the crazy one!
For Halloween night, Trevor and I set up the fire pit in the driveway, brought out the Jack-o-lanturn I carved with my class, and our big bucket of candy. Tunie sat in the driveway as well greeting our Halloween guests. Here she is.....she loved her costume!!!

Posing in the house. She didn't like the flash too much!


2 comments:
Hey Shannon!
Congratulations are in order, I hear - how exciting! All of my friends are moms, I think I'm running behind. :-)
This post cracked me up - I even showed it to my Mom when I was home. Love the bald eagle idea and that pup of yours is hilarious. Reminds me of my Maddie and Dexter... That costume was AWESOME.
Thanks so much for your note on Gma...I definitely appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
Take care hun - Jenn
Congratulations Shannon - so happy to hear that you are expecting. That's so exciting - I'm sure you two are pumped!
I loved this Halloween Fun post - the bald eagle idea was classic and those pics of your pup are awesome - what a perfect constume!!! You must love yours like I do my Maddie and Dexter - they are our 'children' for now. :-)
Laughed so much at the pictures that I shared with Mom while I was home - we all had a nice, refreshing laugh which helped lighten the mood at home. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers regarding my Gma. They are muchly appreciated.
Take care hun - Jenn
Post a Comment