Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby News...19 wks 6 days today

Friday I had my monthly appointment with Dr. Beard. We did the usual routine, weight (I gained 2 pounds), blood pressure, and urine sample. Then I went in to hear the heartbeat. It was 150 beats per minute. Then we attempted another ultrasound to get a better picture of Tad's "package". He was being a VERY BAD TAD!!! He kept turning his back and all we could see was his spine. Needless to say...again...no clear picture of his little wang.

Saturday Trevor and I went back for our anatomy ultrasound with Birtha the Ultrasound Specialist. Dr. Beard speaks very highly of her calling her the "guru" of reading ultrasounds. The anatomy ultrasound was the BEST by far. We saw where to umbilical cord was connected to Tad and my placenta. The 4 chambers of the heart was really cool and all the different areas of the brain, his bladder and kidneys. She said everything looked great! Then we told her how bad Tad was the day before and we still hadn't seen a clear picture of his little package. He was being a very good boy for Birtha and showed her everything!!! We definitely know now that we are having a boy!

The very last picture she printed out was Tad either going for or holding his little wanker. We all had a great big laugh at that one! Great memories for the baby book!

So far Tad's stats are:
Heart rate: 150
Weight: 10 ounces
Length: 14.9 cm or about 5 1/2 inches.

He was positioned just like me. His head up at my belly button, legs down by my pelvis. When she looked at his face, we could see the lenses of his eyes. (really weird looking!) His little nose sticks straight up, so I think he has Trev's nose. He has long toes..... a Nicholson trait!

I felt him move for the first time on Saturday morning during my ultrasound. I have felt him more and more this weekend. Pretty strange and crazy feeling!

Today I am 19 wks and 6 days based on my estimated due date. Based of Tad's measurements, I am 19 wks, 5 days. Just a day off.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Out of all of the feelings during my pregnancy, I miss feeling him move around the most.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby boy news!! Being able to feel baby movements is totally awesome huh? Words can't even describe the emotions that go through your body! I voted on a name, hope my choice wins! haha
Take Care & See Ya Soon!!

Melissa said...

Jeff votes for Carter. It wouldn't let us vote for the same name twice. The other vote was Superman.

Meredith Arledge said...

I don't think I've ever seen the words "package", "wang", and "wanker" all used in one blog post. I'm laughing. And I'm so glad he's officially a boy!!