Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Trouble in Little Diaper

How can something so atrocious come out of such a tiny butt? Today I ventured out (pretty much for the first time with Trace) to get some Mother's Day shopping behind me. It went fairly smoothly but Trace started to fuss (loudly) in Kohl's. I swung his carrier until he was put to sleep. I then stopped and got lunch to bring to Trevor at work. We wanted to make a short visit to see Daddy!

While I was waiting for Trevor's class to be released, I ate my lunch in the car and Trace was letting the gas fly! I swear I have never heard a baby poot like this! He was quiet as can be, not fussing, just pooting....or playing the "Butt Trumpet" as Trevor calls it.

Trevor came out all smiles, opened the back door to the car and went "Oh my gosh!" I looked and Trace had pooped EVERYWHERE!!! It exploded out of his rear...and made a beeline out the side of his diaper. It was HORRIBLE!!!! There was poop all down his legs, feet, toes, arms, and all in the bottom of the car seat.

I brought him in the faculty restroom outside Trev's class and cleaned up the mess. (It amazed me what I can do with some baby wipes and wet paper towels. I had to throw away his blanket and onsie...they didn't survive the blast.

Needless to say...Trace got a bath when he got home and so did his car seat! Thank goodness for removable liners, and Baby Oxy Clean.


Did I do something wrong?


I feel much better!


Put me back in the warm tub!!!!


Not a happy boy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think everybody has a blow out story. Just be prepared with an extra onesie when you go out. Wait until he starts teething-poo is really liquidy then. Love that first pic.