Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sweet Summertime

School Year Wrap-Up



This year seems like it has flown by. Trace completed his first year in pre-school. He will be in the 2/3 year old class next year. We were impressed and very pleased with how his year turned out. He learned so much and had a great experience. For some reason, I couldn't wait for this year to be over. It wasn't that I had a bad class or anything, I just felt stressed all the time (which is NOT like me!) Trev's year felt the same for him. BUT...Texas gave teachers a scare. There have been hundreds and thousands of TX teachers lose their jobs or shuffled around. Luckily my district was blessed enough that we did not have to let go of any teachers. Trevor's district was not so lucky. At his own campus several teaches were layed off or reassigned. However, Trevor does have a contract for next year to teach electives and coach so we are THRILLED about that! After next year we don't know, we will cross that bridge when we get there! I just keep praying and stay positive. Trevor is banking on the lotto! LOL!!!



The first week of summer brought us....the snots! Everyone in my family was sick and eventually, you guessed it...I got it too! But we still started the summer with park visits, playing outside, and starting to get the summer "to do" list started. We are all so glad it is summertime.



In a couple of days we are driving to Nebraska for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! I am so excited!!! Trevor has never been to Nebraska and I keep telling him he is going to get the grand tour. My mother always likes to reminisce about her childhood and where she rode her infamous bike during the summers. My great-grandmother will also get to meet Trevor and Trace for the first time. Needless to say...I think we will have a fabulous time enjoying family, eating great food, playing cards and domino's, remembering old times, and making new memories. It will also be very....loud! Four great-grandchildren will be there. Trinity who is 8, Eli and Jack almost 3, and Trace who is just a couple of months past 2. I know my grandparents are beyond excited!



We also plan to go up to St. Louis for a visit later in the summer to visit Trev's family. We haven't seen them in a very long time either. That sweet little baby they saw a couple of summers ago has turned into a tornado of energy! We can't wait to spend time with both sides of our families!



Here are some pictures of Trace playing in the sprinkler as we watered our front yard. We haven't seen rain in a VERY long time, and when we did...it was a 30 min shower that just dusted the top of the lawn. It has been very hot but tolerable!



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that boy
Brady/Rah Rah