Our first pictures of Tad!
Everything looked fine. My blood pressure was a bit high, but I knew that. I think I have white coat syndrome. I am to keep a log of my blood pressure daily just to monitor in case I really do have high blood pressure.
Telling the Parents
We decided to tell my parents and Bekah Tuesday night. It was supposed to be cute where I go in, say "I visited a new doctor today and they took some pictures." Hand them the pics and then that's it! Short, sweet, and simple. Did it go that way?? NO!!!! I couldn't control my crying, so it sounded like I had a horrible disease. Dad looked like he was about to fall over, holding his chest. Bekah's mouth was wide open and mom just stared. Finally mom said, "For goodness sakes, what's going on?" Then I handed the pics to them. Needless to say....a horrible way to tell your family your pregnant! The 'rents were excited (and relieved)!!!
Hurricane Ike decided to come so we headed to Trev's mom's house. We were a bit better at telling her. We put the pictures up on the fridge until she noticed them. She came in the living room asking "Do you have something to tell me?" She was thrilled and so excited!
We have not seen Trevor's dad yet and would like to tell him in person, but we need to tell him ASAP!!!
I wanted to tell Melissa in person but couldn't because of the storm, so I gave her a call. Her and Jeff are both over-tired with non-sleeping pterodactyl and Melissa's bad gall badder. She sounded very tired when I talked to her but excited about having a new cousin for Eli.
I also made sure to call the grandparents to tell them the good news!
Hurricane Ike
We are very lucky that the hurricane did not damage our home. We had many neighbors with roof and water damage. Our little house did very well! We are staying at mom and dad's because they have power. Their backyard is a disaster and a tree fell on the breezeway between the back door and the garage. We have a lot of clean up and burning to do!!!
Telling the Parents
We decided to tell my parents and Bekah Tuesday night. It was supposed to be cute where I go in, say "I visited a new doctor today and they took some pictures." Hand them the pics and then that's it! Short, sweet, and simple. Did it go that way?? NO!!!! I couldn't control my crying, so it sounded like I had a horrible disease. Dad looked like he was about to fall over, holding his chest. Bekah's mouth was wide open and mom just stared. Finally mom said, "For goodness sakes, what's going on?" Then I handed the pics to them. Needless to say....a horrible way to tell your family your pregnant! The 'rents were excited (and relieved)!!!
Hurricane Ike decided to come so we headed to Trev's mom's house. We were a bit better at telling her. We put the pictures up on the fridge until she noticed them. She came in the living room asking "Do you have something to tell me?" She was thrilled and so excited!
We have not seen Trevor's dad yet and would like to tell him in person, but we need to tell him ASAP!!!
I wanted to tell Melissa in person but couldn't because of the storm, so I gave her a call. Her and Jeff are both over-tired with non-sleeping pterodactyl and Melissa's bad gall badder. She sounded very tired when I talked to her but excited about having a new cousin for Eli.
I also made sure to call the grandparents to tell them the good news!
Hurricane Ike
We are very lucky that the hurricane did not damage our home. We had many neighbors with roof and water damage. Our little house did very well! We are staying at mom and dad's because they have power. Their backyard is a disaster and a tree fell on the breezeway between the back door and the garage. We have a lot of clean up and burning to do!!!
2 comments:
Save the wood!!!!!!!!! Need it for the Fire Parties! Wow, that was awful close to the house!
Hey there Shannon - It's Joy Powers from Carver. Vicki told me the good news - you will make a terrific mother. Congrats and the best of health throught he pregnancy and beyond.
Post a Comment